Monday, September 16, 2013

3. Compiler

In my last post, I proposed to you the possibility that I could magically tell you the one compiler that would answer all of your prayers and make everything as easy as a single button click.

I have bad news and a confession to make... I cannot predict the future!

That's right! If I could, I might tell you that Apple, Microsoft and Blackberry will die within a decade and Android will dominate the entire landscape. If that was true, choose an Android compiler and you are ready to go. But, I am in now way presuming or predicting that!

The Good News.

Even though I cannot predict the future, I can make an educated guess. And I predict that one of the four compilers I mentioned above have a high likelihood of being around in a decade. So, I want to choose a compiler that exists today that supports all 4 devices. I also want that compiler to be fee and easy to use! Well, I have the answer for you. It's called Apache Flex!

What is Apache Flex?
Adobe, the makers of Photoshop, introduced a compiler called Adobe Flex many years ago. Eventually, Adobe donated Adobe Flex to Apache. See flex.apache.org
 
What is Apache?
Apache is a non-profit foundation formed to build open source software, which is free to use and distribute. See apache.org.
Using Apache Flex, you can compile directly to Apple iOS, Android, Windows, MAC OSX and Blackberry operating systems, all for FREE!
There are many great compilers on the market. But there is no compiler that support all of these devices. If you are trying to reach as many customers as possible, you should choose Apache Flex! Plus, they are now supporting the new 2014 interactive televisions sets!

Click here to see hundreds of examples of Apache Flex and Adobe Flash Apps.

My next blog will begin the detail of setting up and programming using Apache Flex.

PREVIOUS   --  NEXT

No comments:

Post a Comment